Application Frequently Asked Questions

Main Page Content

I am applying for childhood education, but when I log on, it says I am undeclared. Why is that?

Childhood education, as well as adolescent education, is a certification program at The College At Brockport, not an academic major. Students pursuing teacher certification must complete an academic major in an approved content area in addition to the requirements of the teacher certification program. A list of majors students can pursue for childhood and adolescent education is available on the Department of Education and Human Development’s website. While we don’t take an applicant’s intended major into consideration when making a decision, you can email us with your intended major at

I am a freshman applicant. My file is complete but I haven't heard yet. When can I expect to get a decision?

Freshman applicants will have a decision letter sent to them in the mail two or three weeks after a decision has been made on their application. Most will have a decision by the end of March. Be sure to check the status of your application often, however, as we may request additional information, such as mid-year grades, before making a decision.

My application was complete before and now it says incomplete. Why is that?

When we review applications, we may find that we need additional information or discover that the application is not complete. Scroll to the bottom of the Application Summary page and it will list what we need before we can make a decision. Please send the requested information to the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. You can find descriptions for some of our common requests here.

I applied recently, but I can't log on to check the status of my application.

Once the Application Service Center receives your application, it may take 2 to 3 weeks for it to be processed and received by the College. Therefore, your application may have not been received yet at Brockport. Please check back in a week or two. Applicants for the fall semester can access their application status beginning Sept. 1. Spring applicants may begin Aug. 15.

I sent an unofficial transcript but it says you still need my transcript to make a decision. Why is that?

We require all high school applicants to submit an official high school transcript and SAT/ACT scores. Transfer applicants are also required to submit official transcripts from each college attended. If admitted, you will also be required to submit official proof of high school graduation. Fax transcripts are NOT considered official.

I forgot my PIN. What do I need to do?

Go to the Banner Online Services page. Input your User ID and hit the "Forgot PIN?" button below it. If you experience difficulties with your PIN, call our office at (585) 395-2751 between the hours of 8 am and 4 pm, Monday through Friday.

I applied a few weeks ago. When checking my application status, I noticed an XOF/XOD request. What does this mean and when can I expect a decision?

If you have been convicted of a felony or removed from college for disciplinary reasons, there is additional paperwork that is required in order to process your application. It will also take additional time to process that paperwork once it is received by the Undergraduate Admissions office, as other offices on campus may need to review the paperwork. Please contact our office with any questions about your particular situation.

Last Updated 1/19/18

Close mobile nav