The Spectrum Calls for Completed Undergraduate Papers
The Spring 2020 deadline for paper submission is February 5, 2020.
The editorial staff of The Spectrum, a Scholars Day Journal, invites all faculty members to encourage their best students to submit completed papers to the Journal by Wednesday, February 5, 2020.
The Spectrum is a faculty-reviewed undergraduate research journal, which is available globally via Digital Commons. You can find the Journal’s home page at https://digitalcommons.brockport.edu/spectrum.
Please note, the deadline for submissions is earlier than the deadline for submissions to Scholars Day, which is a separate process. This will allow adequate time to send students’ essays to members of the Journal’s review board and have papers completed, revised, and accepted by the end of the spring 2020 semester. Paper reviews begin after February 5, and the issue will be published in fall 2020.
Student submissions must be nominated and vetted by a Brockport faculty member. Thus, before encouraging students to submit a paper, faculty should consider the following.
• The Journal accepts completed papers only. No PowerPoint slides or posters will be considered.
• The Spectrum is accepting submissions, which originate from all undergraduate disciplines, written during Spring 2019 and Fall 2019.
• Any posters or panel presentations from spring 2019 Scholars Day that were developed into completed papers are also eligible (Note: Papers do not need to be associated with Scholars Day to be considered.).
Before submission, faculty mentors should ensure that student papers are well written, in proper technical form, and possess the following qualities:
• Clear writing
• Proofread and error-free
• Complete in-text citations and references/works cited page
• Appropriate headings in the body of the paper to reinforce visually the structure of the writing
• Although 10 to 15 pages are preferred, a maximum of up to 25 pages will qualify.
• MLA and APA format preferred
Faculty mentors may be asked to work with student authors in Spring 2020 to help them revise their papers in response to reviewers’ feedback.
For more information or clarification, feel free to contact Dr. Alex Lyon, Executive Editor, or Mary Jo Orzech, Managing Editor.
posted by alyon [2019-12-04]
Alex Lyon: firstname.lastname@example.org or Mary Jo Orzech: email@example.com
Events & Activities