No More Open Office Hours! New Blackboard Support Model
In an effort to better support all faculty in the design, development, delivery and maintenance of pedagogically sound course content using Blackboard, ASIS is continuing to evolve its support model.
In the past, our team has held support office hours in the library. We then changed to offering office hours in locations across campus, such as Brown, Cooper, Drake, Edwards, and Hartwell. This semester we are adjusting again to see if we can provide a more immediate, and personalized, support experience.
SUNY has and will continue to provide the first line of support for Blackboard technical questions and help. They can be reached at (585) 395-5151 Option 6, or through the SUNY webpage.
SUNY Hours Are:
Monday - Friday: 7 am – 12 am (midnight)
Saturday: 10 am – 5 pm
Sunday: 1 pm – 9 pm
The new ASIS model will provide instructional design support through one-on-one appointments which can be scheduled through Brockport’s Service Desk. Instructional design support is available to anyone using Blackboard to deliver content to their students regardless of campus location and course delivery method.
What does instructional design look like at Brockport?
• Implementing online best practices for student learning and engagement, including the application of active learning strategies that address diverse learning styles, abilities, and backgrounds
• Enhancing the online teaching and learning experience for students as well as faculty
• Creating accessible content
• Efficient grade center creation and management
• Correctly linking to, and making use of, library database resources
• Alignment of learning objectives, instructional strategies, and assessment
• Development of new and innovative approaches to learning and teaching in various environments (face to face, online, blended, etc.)
• Selection of educational technologies that are suitable to address specific learning objectives, to ensure the tools you are using in Blackboard get your message out correctly
The ASIS team will hold the following walk-in hours:
Edwards – CELT Office Wednesday's: 9 – 11 am
Brockport Downtown Wednesday's: 12:30 – 4:30 pm Room 557
February 5 and 26
March 11 and 25
April 8 and 22
posted by jthompson [2020-01-21]