Using OER in Your Courses
Faculty are encouraged to adopt Open Educational Resources (OER) this year as part of the SUNY-wide initiative to keep textbook costs affordable.
Brockport is participating in a SUNY-wide initiative providing incentives for faculty adopting open educational resources (OER). The program is designed to keep costs affordable, particularly in high enrollment courses. $300 in professional development funding is deposited in the Faculty Scholarship Account for the instructor of each course, after meeting with a librarian and submitting a revised OER syllabus. Both full time and adjunct faculty are eligible.
Brockport OER faculty requirements:
1. A majority (at least 51 percent) of course materials are OER.
2. Commit to using OER in the course for three years.
3. Participate in pre- and post-surveys of students and faculty regarding OER use.
4. Complete an OER Course Development form to receive the incentive.
2017-19 SUNY/CUNY OER Program impact to date (3/2019):
• 250,000 students
• 7,000 #OER courses
• 9 OER degrees (10 more on the way)
• $25 million avoided in costs in 2 years
Interested in learning more? Visit our webpage below.
posted by morzech [2020-01-16]
M. J. Orzech, email@example.com, 395-2141