Thu, Feb 22, 2018 — 9:40 am
Human Resources Associate Employment Opportunity - External Applicants
Classified Recruitment and Staffing
· Manages the hiring process of competitive and non-competitive positions, to include: advertising, posting and interviewing applicants, referrals, reference checks and verifications; ensuring AA/EEO compliance; work with staff to coordinate new appointments, including required notices and letters; interpreting Department of Civil Service, SUNY and other regulatory agencies policies and procedures; pre-screen and interview applicants for non-competitive and labor class vacancies in CSEA; select candidates that reflect the College's values.
· Works with hiring managers to develop strategic recruitment plans. Provides a high level of customer service consulting with and guiding hiring managers in comprehensive recruitment and staffing issues, policies, and processes.
· Identifies recruiting opportunities by researching new sources for talent, cultivating relationships with internal talent as well as external industry professionals, and networking with other education institutions and non-profit organizations. Utilizes various recruitment sourcing strategies such as social media, e-recruiting, online databases, employee referrals, networks, etc. Attends career fairs.
· Processes personnel and classification transactions in the New York State Electronic Personnel system (NYSTEP).
· Remains current on HR and recruiting trends. Recommends solutions to improve efficiency and effectiveness in the recruiting life cycle.
· Works with the Assistant Director of Human Resources/Affirmative Action Officer to ensure search committees and hiring managers receive search procedure training.
· Develops and maintains classified staff search procedures.
· Ensures appropriate representation on, and provides ongoing assistance to, search committees.
· Serves on search committees.
Applicant Tracking System (ATS)
· Serves as subject matter expert for the College's ATS.
· Creates and maintains various user guides for the ATS.
· Provides training to the campus community regarding ATS operations and functionality.
· Serves as a primary liaison with the ATS provider to facilitate any changes/modifications required to ensure accurate and efficient operation of the program.
Classification and Compensation Administration
· Reviews documentation to determine appropriateness and accuracy of position information and data; with oversight from the Assistant Director of Human Resources\Affirmative Action Officer, resolves any discrepancies with appropriate parties prior to transaction submission.
· Develops and provides classified job description training.
· Works actively with supervisors to classify positions appropriately.
· Meets with employees and/or supervisors regarding requests for reclassification of positions. Reviews classified reclassification requests, gathers information for clarification, and makes recommendations to employees, supervisors, and the administration. Prepares justification memos to NYS Civil Service.
· Corresponds with, and maintains an effective working relationship with, the NYS Department of Civil Service, Classification and Compensation Unit.
· Conducts staffing comparisons with other campuses as appropriate.
Affirmative Action Program
· Assists with developing the College's Affirmative Action Program, including the collection and analysis of recruitment data, the maintenance of records, and the preparation and submission of required internal and external reports in accordance with federal and state compliance regulations. May assist with constructing self-audit systems to ensure that programs and processes are in compliance with regulatory standards.
· Assists with employee relations issues by taking notes at meetings and by meeting with involved parties when needed.
· Engages in appropriate professional development programs to remain current in the field and to be able to accurately advise employees.
· Prepares recruitment and ad-hoc metric reports, as necessary.
· Provides reporting on key sourcing and recruiting metrics by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends for continuous improvement.
· Facilitates New Employee Support Training (N.E.S.T.)
· Works with highly confidential and sensitive information. Must ensure employee privacy and confidentiality is maintained to the extent possible.
· Serves as backup to the Human Resources Associate overseeing faculty and professional recruitment and staffing.
· Serves on various committees as needed.
· Attends a minimum of two college-wide events per academic year.
· Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
· Knowledge of Human Resources obtained through academic coursework or professional work experience.
· Excellent attention to detail, organization and problem solving skills.
· Effective interpersonal skills to work with faculty, staff, and students.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to maintain confidentiality and proven record of personal integrity.
· Master's Degree in Human Resources or a related field from a college or university accredited by a U.S. Department of Education or internationally recognized accrediting organization.
· Minimum of 1 year of experience with NYS Civil Service rules, laws and procedures or human resources experience in the public sector and/or higher education.
· Recruitment and staffing experience, particularly with NYS Civil Service.
· Ability to work at a high level of attention to detail, while maintaining accuracy.
· Ability to be creative, flexible, self-motivated and customer service oriented
Please email your cover letter, resume, and contact information for three professional references to Justin Leenhouts, Human Resources Associate, email@example.com. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled with preference given to application material submitted by 8/31/17. Employment at The College at Brockport is contingent upon the successful completion of a background check and final budgetary approval.
Pursuant to Executive Order 161, no State entity, as defined by the Executive Order, is permitted to ask, or mandate, in any form, that an applicant for employment provide his or her current compensation, or any prior compensation history, until such time as the applicant is extended a conditional offer of employment with compensation. If such information has been requested from you before such time, please contact the Governor's Office of Employee Relations at (518) 474-6988 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The College at Brockport, State University of New York is an AA/EEO/ADA employer. The College actively seeks applications from women, veterans, individuals with a disability, members of underrepresented groups or anyone that would enrich the diversity of the College.