Mon, Jun 18, 2018 — 8:26 pm
Events and Activities
Fall 2017 Disability Rights and Accessibility Trainings
Know Your Rights: Sept. 27, 2-3:30 pm, Eagle’s Lookout
* What laws you should be aware of in relation to disability status.
* Examples of discrimination under these laws.
* Examples of reasonable accommodation for students living on and off campus.
* How to protect yourself from discrimination.
Self-Advocacy and Disability Pride: Oct. 16, 3-5 pm, Eagle’s Lookout
* This workshop will help participants to identify ableist practices and prepare them to advocate for themselves and others in a positive way that promotes good professional relations applicable to any work, educational, or volunteer environment.
Disability and Disclosure: Nov. 15, 2:30-4 pm, Eagle’s Lookout
* Discuss how job seekers with disabilities can best navigate the hiring process, including the topic of whether to disclose a disability.
* Examine the types of questions that employers are not permitted to ask during the application process.
* Ask questions and discuss an effective and equitable hiring process from the perspective of all participants.
Register for workshops here under "Disability Rights and Accessibility Trainings": https://brockport.edu/system/quickreg/