During the winter recess period, the student townhomes & residence halls will remain open for the entire break.
If you plan to be here all or part of the break, we are requesting that you notify
us using the following form:
Winter Break Notification Form
If you have been approved to be released from your housing agreement for the Spring, please make sure to properly check out of your Residence Hall or Student Townhome by 7pm on Friday, December 17th, or 24 hours after your last final exam. You are not permitted to be on-campus past that deadline.
If you will have a space in your room, due to someone being released from their housing contract, please make sure the room is clean and ready for a new incoming student. You will receive an email, in early January, letting you know if someone has been assigned to the space in your room/suite.
If you plan to stay on-campus during winter break, please note the following:
- There will be NO meals served OR food available on-campus during the winter break. Students, who remain on-campus for winter break, will be responsible for preparing their own meals and securing their own food.
- If you need assistance during the break, please contact the duty phone number that will be posted throughout your building.
- There is also a Resident Director on-duty, who can be contacted at 585-734-3925
- If there is an EMERGENCY, please contact University Police at 585-395-2222
If you plan to stay during the break, you have read and understand the On-Campus Housing License, in particular any/all mention of housing during extended breaks.
Please also continue to review Bringing Brockport Back for any/all updates related to COVID-19.
If you will be leaving for the entire break, you must carefully check your bedroom and suite rooms to make sure that all:
- All electronics (including TV’s, computers, etc..) are unplugged and turned off.
- Blinds are down and open (1st floor residents: close your blinds)
- Windows are closed and locked
- Perishable food is removed and trash is removed
- Doors are locked
- Make sure your mini-fridges are unplugged and the door is left open.
- Rooms are cleaned and trash is removed Doors are locked
On Saturday December 18th from 9am until Noon, Residential Life Staff members will be entering living spaces to conduct room safety checks.
If you have any questions related to the Winter Break, please feel free to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 585-395-2108