SUNY Brockport utilizes a layered approach regarding emergency communications.
Based on the situation at hand, these various internal and external resources may or may not be utilized. The College shall utilize the campus webpage as the first and foremost method of communication in any emergency situation.
Internal Methods of Emergency Communications
- SUNY Brockport Homepage
- Campus Television
- Emergency Voice Notification System
- Social Media (i.e. Facebook, Twitter)
- Campus telephone number for call-in updates (number to be announced)
- Emergency calling trees
- Campus Radio Station, WBSU 89.1 The Point
External Methods of Emergency Communications
- Rochester area media sources
- TV Channels including: 8, 10, 13 and YNN
- Rochester Radio Channels