|Responsible Unit:||Center for Graduate Studies|
|Responsible VP:||Provost and VP for Academic Affairs|
|Adoption Date:||Senate resolution #20, 2000-2001|
|Last Revision Date:||June 2009|
|Last Review Date:|
|Shared governance: none|
An explanation of registration for thesis/project continuance credits, including when such registration is required and how the credits earned affect both degree requirements and GPA.
There are no definitions for this policy at this time.
Graduate Thesis/Project Continuation Credit Policy
Graduate students who (1) have registered for the maximum number of program thesis/project credits included in their graduate program's standard curriculum, and (2) have not yet completed the thesis/project must register for one thesis/project continuation credit each semester until the thesis/project has been completed and approved.
- Thesis/project continuation credit registration applies to all graduate students who matriculated into graduate programs at Brockport during or after fall 2003.
- Thesis/project continuation credit registration is necessary only for a spring or fall semester (not winter or summer session).
- Thesis/project continuation credit courses are registered by completion of the Graduate Thesis/Project Continuation Credit (TCC) registration form. The form should be submitted to the Office of Registration and Records by the end of the Add Period for the continuation semester in question. Check the printed Schedule of Classes or go to the registrar's webpage for add dates and deadlines.
- A complete listing of specific course numbers designated for each graduate department TCC course appears on page one of the TCC registration form. The section number assigned by Registration and Records will designate the student's TCC instructor.
- Thesis/project continuation credits do not count toward degree requirements, nor do grades for these credits carry quality points used in the calculation of the GPA.
Links to Related Procedures and Information
There are no links for this policy at this time.
Center for Graduate Studies
Office Location: Morgan 2105
History (in descending order)
|Next Review Date||June 2012||Three-year review|
|Adoption Date||Senate resolution #20: 2000-2001||Policy Adopted|