Main Page Content
How to Purchase...
|Advertising||Advertising Job Vacancies|
There are many instances that would require advertising by College departments. In such situations the following procedures are to be followed:
- Contact the appropriate source for the advertising
- Provide the vendor with a requisition number for the ad(s) to be run
- Provide the vendor with a sample of the ad(s) to be placed
- Provide the vendor with the applicable date(s) and/or time(s) for the ad(s) to run
Following the publication and placement of the ad(s), the vendor must send an itemized invoice, including a tear sheet or affidavit and rate card, to the ordering department. After approving the invoice for payment, the department must forward the invoice and tear sheet (or affidavit and rate card) to Procurement & Payment Services for payment. When placing on-line advertising, the department is required to obtain either a hard copy sample of the ad or and e-mail attachment of the ad from the vendor.
Advertising Job Vacancies
The College at Brockport has a contract with Graystone Group Advertising for classified advertising services. This contract allows faculty and staff to place job vacancy advertisements in local, regional, and national publications at a reduced cost and with a consistent appearance.
The contact information fro Graystone Group Advertising is as follows:
- Phone: (800) 544-0005
- Fax: (203) 549-0061
- E-Mail: email@example.com
Graystone can place ads (but is not limited to) in the the following publications:
- About Time Magazine
- Binghamton Sun Press
- Black Issues in Higher Education
- Buffalo News
- Chronicle of Higher Education
- Hispanic Outlook
- Rochester Democrat & Chronicle, and
- Syracuse Herald.
If you have received approval to advertise from your dean or director, vice president and the Office of Affirmative Action, and will be placing a job vacancy notice in one of the publications or on-line services listed above, please follow this process:
- Call and place ad in specific publication OR...
- Fax or e-mail a copy of your ad to Graystone with a list of the publications in which the ad is to be placed. (E-mail is the quickest and easiest for Graystone.)
- Within a brief period of time, Graystone will fax or e-mail the department a copy of how the actual ad will appear, along with the cost of the ad for each publication specified.
- Proofread the ad and make revisions, if any, and review the cost of the ad for each publication.
- Contact Graystone with final decisions regarding publication selection and any revisions to be made to the ad.
- Request that Graystone submit the invoice to the Office of Procurement Payment Services.
Please contact the Office of Affirmative Action at ext. 2109 or Wendy Vergamini at ext. 5144 with any questions regarding this procedure.