QuikPAY Web Services: Frequently Asked Questions

Main Page Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What is QuikPAY?

QuikPAY is a web-based product providing electronic bill (eBill) view and print options, as well as payment, refunding and payment plan services for our students and their families. Online payments may be submitted via e-check (U.S. checking or savings account) or credit card. Visa, MasterCard, and Discover are accepted; American Express is not. QuikPAY is:

  • Convenient! You can view and pay your bill any time from wherever you are
  • A time saver - you can view 3 years of invoice history online*

On-line billing history begins with the April 2011 statement. If prior billing information is needed, students should refer to copies of paper billing statements mailed before April 2011.

  • Environmentally-friendly; no more wasted paper
  • Easy! eBills display more robust information than the traditional paper bill.

Who can use QuikPAY?

QuikPAY is available to all enrolled Brockport students providing s/he has not been referred to an external collection agency and/or the NYS Office of the Attorney General.

Is QuikPAY secure?

QuikPAY transmits all billing and payment information using the industry's highest standard for encryption to ensure your transactions are worry-free.

What are electronic bills?

Electronic billing statements (eBills) are simply a web-based presentment of the information contained in the old "paper bill". eBills represent a "snapshot" in time of the student's account. The information contained on the bill is static, and does not change as account activity occurs. Students can view any account activity that has occurred since the time their last eBill was generated by logging into QuikPAY via Web Banner and selecting the "View Accounts; Account Status" option.

How will I know when I have a new bill?

Students will receive notification via their Brockport e-mail address whenever a new eBill is available. If the student chooses to designate an authorized user(s), that user will receive eBill notification via the e-mail address listed for them by their student. Students can also choose to receive a cell phone TXT message alerting them to the availability of a new billing statement.

Will the College mail me a paper bill?

No, billing statements will not be mailed. Electronic bills are the exclusive billing method for all College at Brockport student account balances. If you wish to print your bill, you may do so when you access your statement online.

Can my parent, guardian or other third-party get a copy of my eBill?

IMPORTANT NOTE: If your student account has been referred to an external collection agency and/or the Office of the New York State Attorney General, you are not eligible to receive an electronic bill via QuikPAY. You must contact the collection agency or Attorney General directly with all billing and payment questions.

Who can authorize a user?

The student holds sole responsibility for determining authorized user access. Students wishing to establish a parent or other third-party as an authorized user should log into QuikPAY via Web Banner and select the "Authorize Payer" option. Students will create a unique user name/logon and temporary password for anyone they authorize, and will provide that information to the authorized user. Authorized users will be prompted to change their password upon their initial login to the QuikPAY system. Detailed instructions are also available at How to Authorize Users via QuikPAY Page.

My sibling also attends SUNY Brockport. Can we give our parent the same QuikPAY user name?

No. If more than one member of your family attends SUNY Brockport, and you each want to designate the same individual (e.g., your mom) as an authorized user, you cannot both assign her the same user name/logon name. She must have a unique user name/logon associated with each student. For example, you may set up your mom as an authorized user and assign her a user name of "mymom1". Your sibling would have to create a different user name/logon if s/he wants your mom as an authorized user, e.g., "mymom2" to ensure all transactions made are applied to the correct student.

Is authorizing a user the same as granting FERPA (Consent to Release Student Information) rights?

No. Authorizing a user is different from granting someone FERPA rights. If you would like to provide authorization for College offices to speak with an authorized user or other third-party via phone or in person, you must complete and submit the "Consent to Release Student Information" (FERPA) form.  The FERPA form can be completed through the student's Web Banner account.

Does the College offer a payment plan?

Yes! Our QuikPAY partner, Nelnet, offers a payment plan for the convenience of our students and families. Payment plans are available for the fall and spring terms only; the compressed duration of winter and summer sessions prevent the College from offering plans during those terms. The plan is interest-free, and is available for a per-term, non-refundable enrollment fee of $35. Payments are automatically deducted on the 20th of the month using the bank account (U.S. checking or savings account) or credit card (Visa, MasterCard or Discover) you designate. See Payment Plan for Payment Plan enrollment information.

Can I enroll in the payment plan if I haven't registered yet?

Yes! Even if you are not currently registered in the payment plan term, you can still enroll! Simply estimate your anticipated charges and any financial aid you expect to receive and enter those amounts in the appropriate fields. Log into Web Banner, select the "Student Accounts" menu located on the Student Services tab, and click on the "Payment Plan" option.

How does the payment plan work?

Your monthly installment payment will be automatically debited from the account you provide (i.e., credit card or bank account) on the twentieth of each month. You will receive an email reminder 5 days before the payment is debited. Depending on when you enroll, you can divide your outstanding balance into as many as four equal and convenient monthly payments.

If I enroll in the payment plan, will I still receive my bill?

Yes, you will still be provided with an electronic billing statement until your account is paid in full. The billing statement will detail your total outstanding charges, and will not reflect any future payment plan installments you may remit. This will assist you in monitoring any additional charges or credits that have been applied to your student account.

Can more than one person enroll in a payment plan on my behalf?

No. There can be only one payment plan in effect per student account. For example, if more than one family is assisting a student with his/her financial responsibilities, only one of those families may enroll in the payment plan. We encourage you to discuss payment options with anyone remitting payment on your behalf.

How do I make an online payment?

Simply visit Student Accounts and Accounting page and select the "Students; View Bill & Remit Payment" button. Log in and follow the instructions. QuikPAY will send an e-mail notification to your Brockport.edu account alerting you your payment request was received; that email will include a payment confirmation number. We recommend submitting payment several days prior to the published payment deadline in order to ensure a successful transaction.

When will the payment appear on my Brockport student account?

In most cases, an approved payment will be reflected on the student's Brockport account immediately. QuikPAY payments made after 5:00 p.m. E.S.T. will be considered "next day" activity; there will be an additional day's delay before the payment is processed to the student's account.

Can I pay more than my outstanding balance?

No. The system will not allow you to pay more than your current outstanding balance. Please enter a payment amount equal to or less than the balance stated in order to ensure your payment is successful.

Can I pay by electronic check (ACH)?

Yes! You can use either a U.S. checking or savings account to remit an electronic check (ACH). Even better, there is no cost to pay by electronic check; it's free!

Be advised that if an electronic check is returned by your bank for any reason, including insufficient funds or closed/"bad" account, you will be unable to remit future payments via electronic check. You will still have the option to remit on-line payments using a credit card. Please verify your bank information before submitting an electronic check to ensure you retain payment privileges. Students will be charged a $20 service fee for any returned check/electronic check, and may also be assessed an additional NSF fee by his/her (personal) financial institution.

If you are using a bank debit card to pay online, your bank may impose a daily transaction limit that will prevent the payment from being honored. If this happens, please contact your financial institution. Remember, you may also make your payment using an electronic check (using your account and routing numbers); most banks will not limit the dollar amount of an e-check transaction providing the account contains sufficient funds.

Can I pay online using my credit card?

Yes. Paying online is safe, secure and convenient! You can remit payment 24-hours a day, 7-days a week. We accept Visa, MasterCard and Discover - and there are no fees assessed for paying online with your credit card.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If your student account has been referred to an external collection agency and/or the Office of the New York State Attorney General, you are not eligible to remit payment via QuikPAY or directly to the College. You must contact the collection agency or Attorney General directly with all billing and payment questions.

What is the fastest, most secure way to receive my tuition overpayment refund?

The most convenient and secure way to receive any tuition overpayment refund is via direct deposit. Students can elect to receive refunds directly to their bank account; no more waiting by the mailbox for the funds to arrive!

How do I enroll in direct deposit?

It's easy! Get started by logging into Web Banner, select the "Student Services" tab, then the "Student Accounts" option, and click on "Refunds". From there, simply follow the instructions to securely enter your bank account and other relevant information, review the completed form for accuracy and click on the "Confirm" button. For additional enrollment instructions, please visit How to Enroll in Direct Deposit.

Still have questions? Feel free to contact us via e-mail at bursar@brockport.edu or call (585) 395-2473. Page last updated May 6th, 2015.

Last Updated 7/29/21